Digitization is advancing along with technology, and online credit card purchases are commonplace. A set of network analysis and sniffing tools is included in the R3NIN Sniffer toolkit. It is made to assist network managers and security experts in tracking network traffic and spotting potential security risks.
Threat actors actively create and market sniffers that can be injected into e-commerce web pages in order to exfiltrate payment card data as cyberattacks are constantly growing in number. In this blog, the R3NIN Sniffer toolkit and its functionality will be described in general terms.
Define R3NIN Sniffer
The R3NIN Sniffer toolkit is a powerful set of tools for network sniffing and analysis. The threat actor is selling R3NIN Sniffer, a ready-to-use toolkit and panel for capturing payment card information from compromised e-commerce websites, in a well-known Russian-language cybercrime forum.
The Sniffer toolkit was originally priced at USD 1500, but later had its price range changed to USD 3000 to USD 4000.
Tools Used For Network Sniffing
The R3NIN Sniffer toolkit includes several tools that can be used for network sniffing and analysis. Some of the tools included in the toolkit are:
- Wireshark: A popular packet capture and analysis tool.
- Nmap: A network mapping tool that can be used to discover devices on a network.
- Tcpdump: A command-line packet capture tool.
- Tshark: A command-line version of Wireshark.
- Ettercap: A suite of tools for man-in-the-middle attacks and network analysis.
Features of R3NIN Sniffer Toolkit
- Packet capture and analysis: The toolkit can capture and analyze network packets to provide detailed information about network traffic.
- Protocol analysis: It can analyze network protocols such as TCP, UDP, ICMP, and HTTP to help identify potential security threats.
- Network mapping: The toolkit can create a visual map of the network, including devices and connections.
- Traffic filtering: It can filter network traffic based on various criteria, including IP address, protocol, and port number.
- Session reconstruction: The toolkit can reconstruct network sessions to provide a detailed view of the data exchanged between devices.
- Network performance analysis: It can analyze network performance metrics, including latency, throughput, and packet loss.
Facts of Sniffer Toolkit
- Jan 13, 2023 – Version 1.1, which incorporated a new feature called “extractor” and increased functionality for better Cross-Origin Resource Sharing (CORS) bypass, was released.
- Jan 15, 2023 – With the introduction of version 1.2, features to completely obfuscate malicious scripts and conceal the URLs of the command and control (C&C) Server were added.
- Jan 26, 2023 – A keylogger was included in the sniffer module as a result of this update.
- Jan 30, 2023 – The main iFrame was added to the current sniffer module.
Sniffer as a Service
Threat actors are turning to R3NIN’s Sniffer Panel and other similar Sniffer-as-a-Service in order to automate and speed up their infamous attempts to steal credit card and Personally Identifiable Information (PII) data because there are so many unauthorized accesses to stores available. These malicious tools and services will minimize the time for the threat actors to process the stolen data to monetize it.
A complete set of instruments for network analysis, sniffing, and troubleshooting is included in the R3NIN Sniffer toolbox. In order to track and examine network traffic, it offers network managers and security experts a variety of capabilities and functions.
Threat actors are increasingly able to circumvent modern security precautions and notifications due to the growing development and selling of customized sniffers. To protect themselves from such hacks, e-commerce firms are urged to perform thorough audits on a regular basis of both their payment pages and the servers that interact with payment gateways. On a trustworthy domain, the sniffer does its malicious operations. It is highly challenging for a victim to recognize and understand whether an online store is secure for a financial transaction because the malicious scripts do not immediately interact with the victim’s device.
Kratikal, a cert-in empanelled organization serves to provide you to secure financial transactions. Kratikal’s cybersecurity solutions can be effective in protecting organizations from various types of cyber attacks. With Kratikal’s comprehensive cybersecurity solutions, organizations can minimize the risk of cyber-attacks and ensure that their business operations are protected against any such sniffer threats.